Saturday, February 20, 2010

It's for living

Today is the first day of the end of your life. You have no concept of the end because you have no premonition of that ending. The only thing you really know is that you will die. How will that ending come? Are you afraid of that ending? I am. I think we all should be. And that should be a thought in our minds at least once a week. The older we get, the more apparent and rather pressing that seems to be. We begin to question our day to day life. We begin to question our focus in general and whether that is correct. Truthfully, it is a time to weigh whether we are wasting our time or not. I am far from old yet I know my time is limited. I am not a healthy human being. I do not make the best choices in that regard. There is no rule book. You can not pick a choice where you can have the most life with the least damage. Damage and life are joined in my mind. If you want life, you will receive damage. Fuck it. That's the way it is. I'm not stopping and I'm not afraid of the outcome. The safe road gets you a life of regrets and what could have beens. You only get one of these. This is not a 401K package with retirement that you have been aiming for. The corner office that is too small and you spent 30 years pining for. This is especially true if the receptionist isn't blowing you on lunch breaks because your wife is too fat and ugly to let go of the pot roast. Then it's time for the latest reality show and you might as well pay her in the addition to the hooker you meet on Thursday nights. So there you fuck!

No comments: